• Welcome to the Enlighten Network Forums!

To report a bug, go here
    To appeal a mute/ban, go here
    To report a player, go here

SMP v2.11 - The Pet Update

BattleDash

Network Developer and Systems Engineer
Administrator
BattleDash
Reaction score
image.png

Hey All!

It's been a while since we added anything big to SMP, and with SMP v2.2 still quite a while away, I wanted to release one of the systems in it early.

Pets are little companions you can take around the world with you, and while they're active you'll receive perks specific to the active pet and be able to gain XP for the pet.

4809453f343ecf7bb75984c30520ddd8.png

Right now there are 3 available Pets In-Game: The Bee, Enderman, and Ender Dragon

To obtain the Bee, walk forward in Spawn until you find the Beekeeper, there you may purchase a Bee Pet for $1,000,000 Coins.

35a73ba4db7f0f2c5ad9e0ac6ad92f45.png

6d2274897a1a73cadb0671b3dac24165.png

Obtaining the Enderman is similar to getting Eyes of Summoning, but way harder.

An Enderman Pet can drop from any Enderman, with a 0.05% Drop Chance.

The Enderman's Perk is Summoner's Rift, which gives you extra Summoning Eye Drop Chance. At level 1, it gives you 0.5% more chance, at Level 100, it gives you 10% more chance.

The Ender Dragon is the new most valuable item in the game. It drops with 700 Weight from the new Transcendent Dragon, when active, it gives you extra hearts and higher damage to dragons (these perks scale and get higher as you level up, which is explained below).

6013a4825bd21405040dcea26b8b87bd.png

Pet Perks and Leveling
Pet Perks increase as you Level up your Pets. For example, a Level 1 Bee gives you a 0.5% Speed boost, but a Level 100 Bee gives you a 50% Speed boost.

Right now, every 10 minutes you will gain 1,000 XP for your currently active Pet. You can only have 1 Pet Active (Spawned) at a time. This is currently the only way to gain XP, however many more methods will be coming soon.

The Max Pet Level is 100

Once you get a pet, you can right click it in-game to add it to your Pets Inventory. The Pets Inventory can be accessed with the /pets command. Here you can activate (Spawn) pets. Pets can be removed from your Pet Inventory and given back as items by clicking the gray icon on the bottom of the menu and clicking a pet.

3a40db70943cc2b1b3845ae1796ff3c3.png

Pet XP/Level is attributed to their specific Item, not your account. This means that you can have multiple pets of the same type with different levels, and auction off pets with certain levels to other players as well.

This is kind of a beta test of the system, we're aware of a few spawning and inventory related bugs with pets as of right now but if you find any more please let us know at https://enlightenmc.net/bugs

If all goes well, many more pets will be added soon!

Last edited:

Rebel

TheRebel2020
Reaction score
poggers
so dash... where is the Jaren pet I want one

IDuckysI

IDuckysI
Reaction score
That is so cool, but I'm poor so I can't get the insect. lol

Rebel

TheRebel2020