• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    5 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    • Welcome to the Enlighten Network Forums!

To report a bug, go here
      To appeal a mute/ban, go here
      To report a player, go here

New NPC System

BattleDash

Network Developer and Systems Engineer
    Administrator
    BattleDash
    Shadow Shadow
    Leader
    Reaction score
    Hey all!

You may have noticed for the past half hour or so the Hub server was down, I was deploying and bug fixing one of our new plugins, EnlightenNPCs. It's like Citizens, but better. We no longer have a need for the Citizens plugin (It was ugly anyway).

We made this NPC system mainly for SMP 2. You may have noticed quite a few bugs on SMP 1 with NPCs/ArmorStands like the Lynix Dark Auction NPC sticking around when they shouldn't, this system completely fixes that bug, since it uses custom packets sent to players instead of server registered entities.

b1c2d83431cbcabd9ee7cc0e6d46345d.jpg

ItsJustChirpa

Director
    ItsJustChirpa
    Reaction score
    Hey all!

You may have noticed for the past half hour or so the Hub server was down, I was deploying and bug fixing one of our new plugins, EnlightenNPCs. It's like Citizens, but better. We no longer have a need for the Citizens plugin (It was ugly anyway).

We made this NPC system mainly for SMP 2. You may have noticed quite a few bugs on SMP 1 with NPCs/ArmorStands like the Lynix Dark Auction NPC sticking around when they shouldn't, this system completely fixes that bug, since it uses custom packets sent to players instead of server registered entities.

View attachment 45
    I SEE U DASH!!! <3 <3

Javyer12

Director
    Javyer12
    Reaction score
    New system glitches. Sometimes EnlightenNPCs don't show up at all and we are forced to disconnect and reconnect. Please fix. Had a picture to upload but it is too large, and I don't know how to downsize.

BattleDash

Administrator
    BattleDash
    Shadow Shadow
    Leader
    Reaction score
    New system glitches. Sometimes EnlightenNPCs don't show up at all and we are forced to disconnect and reconnect. Please fix. Had a picture to upload but it is too large, and I don't know how to downsize.
    I am aware of this. Disconnecting/Reconnecting is not a huge issue, might even call it a WONTFIX. It's most likely because your client was still loading when the server sent the packets that spawn the entities, causing them to not spawn at all. As far as I know there is no way to detect exactly when a player loads into the world from the server, so I'm not sure there's even anything I can do.

Rebel

Director
    Rebelino
    Shadow Shadow
    Reaction score
    thats a solid F in the chat

BattleDash

Administrator
    BattleDash
    Shadow Shadow
    Leader
    Reaction score
    I am aware of this. Disconnecting/Reconnecting is not a huge issue, might even call it a WONTFIX. It's most likely because your client was still loading when the server sent the packets that spawn the entities, causing them to not spawn at all. As far as I know there is no way to detect exactly when a player loads into the world from the server, so I'm not sure there's even anything I can do.
    thats a solid F in the chat
    About this, I made a ton of changes to the way EnlightenNPCs handles packet manipulation and entity spawning on join, and I believe this bug is now fixed (It hasn't happened to me yet), if one of you could confirm it, that'd be great, if you run into the bug again, please fill out a Bug Report

Javyer12

Director
    Javyer12
    Reaction score
    It's fixed. sometimes they don't spawn for a few seconds, but always end up spawning. good job!

BattleDash

Administrator
    BattleDash
    Shadow Shadow
    Leader
    Reaction score
    It's fixed. sometimes they don't spawn for a few seconds, but always end up spawning. good job!
    One of the changes is that EnlightenNPCs now waits 2 seconds after you join to send the NPC/ArmorStand packets

Silk

Intern
    rxnald
    Reaction score
    Too many big words.

About Us

Starting as a small Survival server for a YouTuber, the Enlighten Network now supports a wide range of mini-games and modes!

Quick Links

Support Us

The Enlighten Store funds server costs, development, and bringing you more new content to enjoy. View Store