• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    1 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    • Welcome to the Enlighten Network Forums!

To report a bug, go here
      To appeal a mute/ban, go here
      To report a player, go here

Item despawning is way to quick.

CheetaX

Director
    FastCheeta
    Moon_and_Sun_Clan Aurora_Sky
    Sun
    Reaction score
    As the title says, its way to quick, i already lost a dragon sword cus of it since its so short. Rn i think it is 30 seconds and if it were doubled or quadrupled i think it would be way nicer. Another fix would be if things such as special armor and tools just wouldnt be deleted at all. It wouldnt be able to create lag either since special items are not that easy to get. With special items i mean things such as dragon items, or auctioneer items

Qw3rts

Director
    Qw3rts
    Shadow Shadow
    Reaction score
    I think it’s like 10-30 seconds, and yes I know but it’s for lag I think, if everyone left things laying around for 5 minutes there would be too much lag, yes I have lost some things too

PoeticCrane1843

PoeticCrane1843
    Reaction score
    As the title says, its way to quick, i already lost a dragon sword cus of it since its so short. Rn i think it is 30 seconds and if it were doubled or quadrupled i think it would be way nicer. Another fix would be if things such as special armor and tools just wouldnt be deleted at all. It wouldnt be able to create lag either since special items are not that easy to get. With special items i mean things such as dragon items, or auctioneer items
    If you really have a problem with dropping stuff and it de-spawning you might just want to change your drop hotkey to something else besides q so you don't drop stuff accidentally. This is what I did and its useful, make it g and it's a lot harder to mis-click, but its still easy to reach. Just make sure there is nothing already programmed to that key.

CheetaX

Director
    FastCheeta
    Sun
    Reaction score
    If you really have a problem with dropping stuff and it de-spawning you might just want to change your drop hotkey to something else besides q so you don't drop stuff accidentally. This is what I did and its useful, make it g and it's a lot harder to mis-click, but its still easy to reach. Just make sure there is nothing already programmed to that key.
    Nah already did that and didn't like it cus i also use the drop button a lot.

CheetaX

Director
    FastCheeta
    Sun
    Reaction score
    I think it’s like 10-30 seconds, and yes I know but it’s for lag I think, if everyone left things laying around for 5 minutes there would be too much lag, yes I have lost some things too
    If they did only special items it wouldn't lag

Ginger

Director
    Gingerello
    Asteroid
    Reaction score
    If they did only special items it wouldn't lag
    I honestly don't think there is a way to filter out what items get cleared and what doesn't. The entity clear clears all item entities that have been dropped onto the ground every certain amount of seconds so that the server doesn't lag. If it were possible, it would be very difficult to achieve and Dash has more important things to attend to at the moment such as fixing bugs and working on different game modes. To prevent dropping anything you wouldn't want to despawn, I suggest putting it away in a pv or further up in your inventory, or changing your drop key so you have more control over what drops out of your inventory so accidents won't happen! <3

CheetaX

Director
    FastCheeta
    Sun
    Reaction score
    I honestly don't think there is a way to filter out what items get cleared and what doesn't. The entity clear clears all item entities that have been dropped onto the ground every certain amount of seconds so that the server doesn't lag. If it were possible, it would be very difficult to achieve and Dash has more important things to attend to at the moment such as fixing bugs and working on different game modes. To prevent dropping anything you wouldn't want to despawn, I suggest putting it away in a pv or further up in your inventory, or changing your drop key so you have more control over what drops out of your inventory so accidents won't happen! <3
    mhm i was just mentioning this cus i wanted to see if it could even be fixed or not :D

About Us

Starting as a small Survival server for a YouTuber, the Enlighten Network now supports a wide range of mini-games and modes!

Quick Links

Support Us

The Enlighten Store funds server costs, development, and bringing you more new content to enjoy. View Store