• Welcome to the Enlighten Network Forums!

To report a bug, go here
    To appeal a mute/ban, go here
    To report a player, go here

First Minigame - Duels!

BattleDash

Network Developer and Systems Engineer
Administrator
BattleDash
Reaction score
The Duels Minigame
It's been a long time coming, and we're finally branching into Minigames!

To kick it off, we have a very simple duels gamemode. Right now there's only 1 map built by our amazing Build Team, Medieval.

462a787b9a558a7ce732a733196c2103.png

Currently the only mode is 1vs1 Classic Duels (We were a bit backed up working on SMP 2).

This is a 1.8 gamemode, so we recommend playing on 1.8.9.

There are multiple ways to play duels.

Method 1: Click the "DUELS" NPC in the hub.
2e0417e763108c7026c611b73069b264.png

This will put you into a duels server, it may be empty, or already have another player waiting.

Method 2: /duel
You can /duel <player> to challenge a player to a duel. They have 60 seconds to accept, and if they do, you'll both be placed into an empty duels server

Method 3: Parties
If you're in a 2 player party, entering the duels mode with the hub NPC will automatically party queue you into the same server.

As more people play the game, our new Minigame Daemon system spins up new servers automatically when needed (Huge thanks to @Jaren for doing most of the work on that).

Known Bugs:
  • Repeatedly joining/leaving the same duels server can cause both players to spawn on the same team​
  • Sometimes, nothing will happen when you expect to be queued into a game, this means that all servers are full, just try again in about 10 seconds and it should work (if it doesn't, then the rare minigame daemon bug happened where it stops spinning up servers relative to the free instances it needs, please file a bug report in that case at https://enlightenmc.net/bugs)​
  • The first player who joins sometimes gets a weird bug with bows, where arrows immediately drop to the ground or go in weird directions, this is however only visual, and actually does hit the player if you aimed precisely​
  • The health below a nametag gets reset to 0 often​
Thanks to:
Feedback is always appreciated! We hope you enjoy this Minigame ahead of the Big SMP 2 Launch (only a few days left!)

Last edited:

ItzBlocky

Lapzzo
SubToLynix Mr.cake
Leader
Reaction score
This is fun and addicting! i had 2nd highest streak till i went afk and my brother went on my PC and invited me too a duel just too kill me and make me lose my streak :/

Silk

rxnald
Reaction score
I got killed by a hacking Dash.

Destiny

ItzDestinyy
Serenity Eunoia
General
Reaction score
Dash giving himself a huge thanks xD